Sz. Varga Ágnes (Kabó)
Year of birth: 1959
Year of death: 2019
Place of birth: Szentendre
In 1978, she graduated from the Secondary School of Fine and Applied Arts with a degree in decorative painting.
painter, graphic artist
Curriculum Vitae & More
She was born in 1959 in Szentendre. In 1970, she began joining the city’s fine arts profession. Its leaders at that time were the painter János Pirk and Sándor Markó, from whom she received lifelong experiences. In 1978, she graduated from the Secondary School of Fine and Applied Arts with a degree in decorative painting. She has been exhibiting regularly since 1989, in group and solo exhibitions. She is a member of the KAPOS ART Association of Fine and Applied Arts, the Szentendre Graphic Workshop, the National Association of Hungarian Artists, and the Lajos Vajda Studio in Szentendre. Mixed technology (mainly paper charcoal, pastel and tempera) plays a major role in her work, but she is also happy to work with oil paints. More recently, she was also experimenting with sieve technology.
- 1991-93 Nostalgia Café, Szentendre
- 1995-99 Guild Gallery, Szentendre
- Újlipótváros Cellar Gallery, Budapest
- ÖKO Gallery, Budapest
- SMK Kapos Art Gallery, Kaposvár (with artist László Szlaukó)
- 1998 Lajos Vajda Studio, Szentendre
- Contemporary Gallery, Tatabánya (with painter Magdi Gondi)
- Kaposfüred Gallery (with László Kovács, craftsman)
- Horváth-Lukács Gallery, Nagycenk
- Kalis, Poland
- 2004 “Barber’s Workshop”, Szentendre.
- 1994 Portrait Biennale, Hatvan
- Graphic Biennale, Miskolc
- Pastel Biennale, Esztergom
- 1993-97 International Mail Art Exhibition, Kaposvár
- 1995-98 20×20 Festival, Fony
- 1997 Bohemia Gallery, Szentendre
- 1998 “Meetings”, Újpest Gallery, Budapest
- 1999-2000 Art Mill, Szentendre
- 2000 Paris Art Festival, France
- New Pest County Exhibition, Szentendre
- Anniversary exhibition of Lajos Vajda Studio, Műcsarnok, Budapest
- 2003 “The Paths of the Soul”, Vigadó Gallery, Budapest.